We interviewed Fabio Valerio Romano, protagonist of the Malossi GAS 2017, just returned from his trip.
- Was the Malossi GAS your first Vespa trip?
Yes, I did others with motorbike, but I must admit that with Vespa it’s just another way of traveling.
- Tell us your itineray:
Embarkation at Civitavecchia and landing in Palermo.
In Palermo I visited the city’s major sights.
Then I moved to Marsala where I visited the most evocative places in the province.
I also reached Monte Erice along a scenic road with Saline and Isole Elolie view.
I visited the salt lakes both in Trapani and Marsala and the biggest kitesurf spots in the area where I practiced this sport I love so much.
- 3. Was the travel organization simple?
Not really, as the entire planning has been heavily influenced by wind conditions, necessary for kitesurfing.
- Did you travel alone?
From Civitavecchia to Marsala I traveled with my sister as a passenger, afterwards my partner and a friend, with whom I shared the Erice trip, joined us.
- Did you meet other Vespa travelers during your journey?
On rmy way back I met a guy from Palermo who was riding to Rome with a Vespa PX 125.
- Can you tell us a funny episode that happened to you?
When I was in Trapani kite spot there were many Germans who, pleasantly impressed by the beautiful livery of my Vespa, had nicknamed me Mr. Malossi: when I went to the water, they were always shouting at me: “jump Mr. Malossi, jump!! ”
- What is the most difficult aspect of a Vespa trip?
In places like Sicily the roads are very rough, and running with a small wheeled vehicle sometimes was tiring, but Malossi suspensions helped me a lot!
- Have there been any differences between your expectations on travel and reality?
A problem with the transmission changed my travel itinerary by leaping the stage of Agrigento … but these unforeseen events are part of the charm of this kind of trip.
- What is, in your opinion, the best place you visited?
The Stagnone natural reserve and the Saline: they are full of magic that will remain in my heart.
- Did this journey change you?
I would not say so, but it increased my urge to organize other Vespa rides: on my next trip I would like to discover Sardinia.
- What advice would you give to next Malossi GAS applicants?
I have only one suggestion: just do it! It’s a wonderful experience and Malossi support was very important both in the preparation of the trip and during my ride.
- What’s your opinion about Malossi components?
They are fantastic! All Malossi components had great performance even on a challenging journey like mine.